Apple has long since signed an iOS version just one hour after the release of the next one, which allows us do the downgrade if we find a fault with which we cannot or want to live. This also allows us to downgrade if we regret having updated waiting for a hacker to launch a tool. to make a jailbreak to our device iOS 10.x does not yet have any tools available, but an exploit has been released that would allow one to be created.
Apparently, we are getting closer to seeing a public jailbreak for iOS 10, so, as Luca Todesco said, those who want to break the locks of their iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with iOS 10 should not install iOS 10.2, a version that returns to take a step forward in terms of security. If you have already updated, you can do the downgrade until Apple stops signing iOS 10.1.1, so it is worth hurrying and not wasting time.
Downgrade from iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1.1 waiting for a jailbreak
Here are the steps to follow to download from iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1.1:
- The first thing will be to make sure that the version we want to install can be installed. To do this we can go to the ipsw.me/10.1.1 page and check that it is all in green, which means that Apple continues to sign that version.
- If iOS 10.1.1 is still signed, the next step is to perform a manual backup of all the important data we have on our iOS device.
- We download the .ipsw files from our iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. In the previous link of ipsw.me we have all the links for all the devices.
- Now we have to install the firmware. For this the next thing we have to do is open iTunes.
- We turn off the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- We connect the cable to the iOS device or to the computer, that is, to the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad by the Lightning or to the computer by the USB.
- Press the start button (the volume down on the iPhone 7 / Plus) and connect the other end of the cable to the iPhone if we already had it connected to the PC or vice versa. This will cause it to go into recovery mode.
- iTunes will tell us that we have connected a device in recovery mode and will invite us to restore it. We will do it, but we will click on the “Restore” button by pressing the ALT key on Mac / Shift on Windows, which will allow us to search for the .ipsw file that we downloaded in step 3.
- Select the downloaded .ipsw file.
- We accept and wait for the new-old version to be installed.
- Finally, we recover important data.
Are you one of the users who are waiting impatiently for the launch of a jailbreak for iOS 10.1.1?
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: