Although there are many more news, when Apple introduced us iOS 10 told us about 10 of the new features that will come with the new version of its mobile operating system. Among these novelties was the new iMessage application that, one more year and as in iOS 9, received a new face lift and a good handful of new features. Messages It is a great application that makes us want to be able to use it with more contacts and in Spain it is not used too much, so we probably do not know how manage the files received from the iOS default messaging application.
The iOS Messages application will allow us to send not only photos and videos, but also will allow us to send documents and songs, as long as we do it from a compatible application. What we are going to explain in this post is the simple task of managing the files we receive through iMessage, something that, as usual, can be simple for some users but not so much for others.
How to access and manage the files received by Messages
To access the files received with Messages, just that let's play on the "i" which is to the right of the photo and the name of our contact. Once inside we will see, in addition to other options, two tabs: Images and Attachments. From here we can do several things, such as saving / sharing the received files, for which we will do one of the following options:
- If what we want is save a photo on our reel, the thing has no mystery to anyone who has been using iOS for some time: we can save it by touching a second on the image to see the options, then selecting "More …" and finally, by touching on "Save image". This can be done directly from the chat or from the attached files. (Greetings to David, who sent me a famous text from a Spanish humorist ????).
- If what we want is to save other type of documents, like songs or a PDF, things change, but not too much. We will have to do the following:
- We access the “Attachments” tab, where we will see all the files that are not photos, videos or some created with Digital Touch.
- We touch on the attached file. From Messages we can open documents, so the file will open to us in full screen.
- We touch on the share icon.
- Finally, we select a compatible application to save the file, such as VLC for .mp3 files or Pages for text documents.
How to delete files that may take up space
Although the data saved by iMessage does not take up much space, it is always good to delete what we do not need. The bad thing is that, even in iOS 10, Apple does not allow us to delete the files in an easy way, or not if we have sent them or sent them to us for a long time. If we want to delete an image or other Message file, we will have to look for it in the conversation, touch it and then touch in the bin. It can be tedious and another option, as long as you think that the conversations are for the moment as is my case, is to eliminate the chat completely.
Do you already know how to manage the photos and files received by Messages?
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: