Depending on the country we are in, recording phone calls will be legal or illegal. That may be one of the reasons we can't record calls with an iPhone, or at least there is no button that facilitates the task. Some time ago I was following a developer who was creating a tweak to record calls on the iPhone and had to speak with several lawyers to finally decide to add an acoustic warning so that the one on the other side knew that the call was going to be recorded.
The normal thing in a case like this is to think that it is necessary to jailbreak our iPhone, but no, it is not. There is a way to get record calls on an iPhone no jailbreak But, as I said earlier, there is no button or an intuitive way to do it. It is about doing it as a ByPass, although I get the feeling that Apple does not intend to fix it and could even have added it knowingly. Below we show you the process to follow.
How to record calls on iPhone
First of all, we have to make sure that our operator allows us to use the iPhone's Visual Voicemail. If we touch on the "Mailbox" button from the Telephone application and see that it does not give us an option, this method does not work for us. If we have it active, we will perform the following steps:
- We open the phone application.
- We make a call.
- We click on the "add call" option.
- We dial our phone number. This will make the call go to our mailbox.
- When the call begins to be recorded in our mailbox, we tap on the option "join calls", which will make the call we made in step 2 join the one we made in step 4 and record the entire conversation.
- To be able to listen to the conversation, we only have to enter the "Mailbox" section of the Telephone application.
As I said before, you have to be careful when recording calls because it might not be legal. It is best to do as the companies that sell something on the phone do: let them know by saying that we are going to record, and if they tell us that they are satisfied better than better. Have you managed to record any calls?
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: