In recent years, we have seen how the files in GIF format have become a widely used tool when sharing our emotions, leaving aside the classic emoticons that have not been accompanying practically since the beginning of time.
WhatsApp following your typical parsimony when introducing news which are already available on other platforms, such as Telegram, it took a long time to offer support for these types of files. Currently, it not only allows us to search for GIFs to send them, but also allows us to convert videos into GIFs quickly.
In the App Store we can find a large number of applications that allows us convert videos to GIF file, but if the purpose of the conversion is to share it through WhatsApp we do not need to complicate our lives, since the messaging application allows us to do it quickly and without any complications.
- First, we must go to the conversation in which we want to share the video file in GIF format.
- Next, we go to the library where the video we want to convert is located.
- At that time, the WhatsApp video editor will be loaded, an editor that allows us to trim the video by selecting only the part we want to share.
- In the upper right, two options are displayed: Icon of a camera (representing the video format) / GIF.
- To convert the section of the video we want to send in GIF format, we must click on GIF and then press the send key. But first, if we want, we can add a text that accompanies the GIF.
Depending on the duration of the video, the conversion will take place almost instantly and will be shared directly in the chat where we are. If it is not the right result, remember that for a limited time, WhatsApp allows us to delete the messages we have published.
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: