Our iPhone, iPad and Mac have become data centers that contain all the information we need. Contacts, reminders, bookmarks or appointments that guide and organize our day to day and that, in case of losing them they can be a drama.
Many times we delete things unintentionally, others for an unnecessary outburst, or even sometimes our children do some trick with our Apple equipment, entail the elimination of some essential data. Although it may seem that everything is lost, If we have our Apple equipment well configured, there is a possibility to recover contacts, calendars and other deleted data thanks to iCloud.
How to recover deleted data thanks to iCloud
How to retrieve contacts or bookmarks
- Sign in to iCloud.com.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down completely and in the Advanced section, click Restore contacts or Restore your bookmarks.
- Choose a date before the content is deleted and click on restore.
- Once the restoration is complete, you will receive a notification on iCloud.com and the email address filed in your Apple ID.
How to restore calendars and reminders
Before explaining how to do this, you have to be advised of a couple of things that happen when restoring an earlier version of calendars and reminders:
- Sharing settings are deleted. You can share calendars and reminders again, or you can ask the owner to share them again.
- iCloud cancels and recreates all scheduled upcoming events and then the invitations are forwarded to you.
Once all this has been specified. It is simple to solve as you have seen, but it had to be clarified before the restoration. We will do the following:
- Enter in iCloud.com.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to the pretension below the web and click on Restore calendars and reminders, which you will find in the Advanced section.
- Click Restore next to a date before the removal of calendars and reminders.
- As in the previous case you will receive a notification both on the iCloud website, and at the email address we have in Apple ID.
Following these simple steps we can retrieve contacts, reminders, calendars or even the safari markers that we accidentally deleted. A system that saves our data in the Apple cloud, perfect for situations like this.