Asus continues with its MeMO product line, and if a year ago we could see the models of MeMO Pad 8 and 10 of 2013, now the Asus MeMO Pad 10 (ME103K) of this year.
This tablet is not intended to compete with other devices of similar size but better features, such as the Nexus 9. This is because this model seeks to maintain a reduced price, even at the expense of certain hardware limitations. In fact it can remind us of a Nexus 7 with a worse screen but some incentives of ASUS.
Below we can see its technical characteristics:
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 8064, 4 cores at 1.5GHz
- 1 GB of RAM
- Internal storage of 8 GB / 16 GB / 32 GB, expandable by micro SD up to 64GB
- 10.1-inch IPS LED display with 1280 x 800 resolution (WXGA)
- 5 MP rear camera (in some markets it will be 2)
- 0.3 MP front camera
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi 11 b / g / n
- Sensors: G, E-compass, hall (of fields)
- Stereo speakers with technology Sonicmaster
- Battery with autonomy of up to 9.5 hours
All this under dimensions of 256 x 174 x 9.9 mm and a weight of 525 grams, running with Android KitKat, so it is another sign that it is not a direct competitor to other tablets (which already come with the latest version of the operating system, Lollipop 5.0).
Price and availability
The tablet is available in black and white colors and will arrive in Europe with a price of € 199 before the end of the year, a price with which of course the other tablets in the market that we find with better features cannot compete either. Therefore, it is, without a doubt, a tablet to consider in the market for low-cost tablets, because its price-quality ratio is quite successful.
The question we have to ask ourselves is whether many of the most economical tablets that we can find that are not from the big manufacturers, or even less-inch devices but with very good features, such as the Nexus 7 or the Samsung Galaxy will be your competition Tab 3 8 ». What do you think?
More information Asus