Mac computers developed by Manzana They have a very good reputation and are highly appreciated among those who use the computer for work. These computers have the macOS operating system installed, but we may want to change it and install Windows on Mac.
In Europe for many years we have been more used to PCs than to Macs and this means that most of the users we handle better with Windows than with another operating system. Precisely for this reason, we may be tempted to install the operating system developed by Microsoft on one of Apple’s computers. This is something that today we can do easily.
What you need to install Windows on Mac
In order to install this operating system on a Mac you will need:
- The Boot Camp Tool
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- A Windows installation disk or disk image. It must also be a 64-bit version of Windows 8 or higher
- Keyboard and mouse
- At least 55 GB of free space on the boot drive
- An empty USB flash drive of at least 16GB
Steps to install Windows on a Mac
- Check that all the above requirements are met
- Open the Boot Camp assistant to guide us through the installation process. What we are going to do is create a partition of the boot disk and download all the necessary drivers so that Windows can work adequately
- The team will reboot Once we finish using the Boot Camp assistant, before starting again the system will show us the Windows installer
- We select where we want to install Windows, we choose the Boot Camp partition and we select Format
- We follow the instructions that appear on the screen until the installation process is complete
- Once we have installed the Microsoft operating system on our MAC, we can simultaneously between them when starting the computer
As you can see, it is not about removing Mac’s own operating system to install Microsoft’s, but about having a equipment capable of running two different operating systems, which can be very useful, especially for those people who use the computer to work and who are used to certain tools that only work with Windows.
Increasingly adaptable devices
Until a few years ago the world of computing and new technologies was very closed. If we had a PC there was no way to change the operating system, we couldn’t even change the Internet browser.
Fortunately, things have changed a lot and the devices are increasingly versatile. New tools and methods like the one we have seen today that allow us to have two fully operating systems on a Mac computer do not stop appearing, but the thing does not stop here, there are also emulators capable of making our computer work with Android, as if it were a tablet or a smartphone.