We can’t deny that Pokémon Go is insane and has us all completely trapped. It is possibly the closest thing that we are going to have for now to fulfill that kind of “fantasy” of become Pokémon trainers, especially for those of us who saw the first season when we were young and who, despite the years, still follow this Pokémon madness at least in video games.
But, at least for those who do not have a phablet with a huge battery, the mere mortals who have Smartphone have to battle with it so that it can last a whole day. So when we talk about Pokémon Go using GPS and mobile dataAs we have all experienced, the battery dies quickly and the data is consumed as fast as we would consume a good lasagna.
No matter how much we use the battery saving mode, no matter how much we lower the brightness of the screen (which is quite difficult to play outside without the maximum brightness) and no matter how much we close other apps and do what we do, we continue to consume data and battery the crazy. Although it is also possible to use tricks to save data.
But there is a way that you can play Pokémon Go as long as you want, making the device’s battery last longer and at the same time consuming the minimum in terms of mobile dataIn this way, the bills at the end of the month will not scare you as much as when your girlfriend tells you that your mother-in-law is going to stay at home for a weekend.
Download Google Maps for Offline Use
So in order to use Google Maps offline in your city, you are going to have to follow the following steps, don’t worry they are quite easy actually.
- First of all, I opened the Google Maps application
- Once you have the app open you must go to the settings part, in a few words to the menu on the left with all the options.
- Now you must click where it says “Offline areas“Or”Offline zones”.
- Once on this screen, notice that you have a “+” sign at the bottom right, click there.
- Now they will give you the option to download the area of your city or if you want to mark a specific area you can draw a box on the map and it will download that area. For example, if you are going on a trip, you must also download the city and the route where you will go.
- To finish you just have to click on “to download”.
Keep in mind that you download a small portion of everything that is Google Maps, evidently. For most of us mortals who don’t travel too often, downloading the city map becomes quite useful not only for Pokémon Go but for other tasks, remember to have enough space on your mobile device, which may require between 150-250 MB by city or town downloaded.