Samsung launched the Galaxy J7 in June 2015, while the Galaxy S7 appeared in stores in March 2016. The first is considered a mid-range device, while the other is the flagship of the brand, but if you want to know more about its specifications, here we will do a comparison for Samsung Galaxy J7 vs Samsung Galaxy S7 that you make a decision which one is best for you.
Samsung Galaxy J7 vs Samsung Galaxy S7 comparison
The measures of Galaxy J7 They are 152.2 x 78.7 x 7.5 mm and weigh 171 grams, this phone does not have a Premium design, since Samsung opted for a plastic case with a very classic and cheap look, available in black colors, gold and white. On the other hand, the Galaxy S7 It is lighter and thicker as it measures 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm and weighs 152 grams, it is a device with a luxurious design because its back is made of shinny glass and customers can choose between the colors white, gold, black, silver and gold or pink.
In Galaxy J7 It has a 5.5-inch super AMOLED screen that supports a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels at 267 dpi, which provides a very good quality to the images. However the Galaxy S7 It features a 5.1-inch super AMOLED screen that supports a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels at 577 dpi, something totally superior to the J7.
3.- Processor, graphics processor and RAM memory
The Samsung Galaxy J7 comes in two versions, which are arranged as follows:
- Chipser: It comes in a version with the Qualcomm MSM8939 or Exynos 7850 Octa chipset.
- Processor: a quad-core Cortex A53 processor running at 1.0Ghz or an eight-core Cortex A53 processor at 1.5Ghz speed.
- Graphics processor: Adreno 405 or Mali-T720MP2.
- RAM: both versions have 1.5 GB of RAM.
On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy S7 It is also available in two variants, which are arranged as follows:
- Chipset: one version features the Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset or the Exynos 8890 Octa chipset.
- Processor: a version has a Kryo dual-core CPU clocked at 2.15 GHz and a Kyro dual-core CPU clocked at 1.6 Ghz or the version with a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.6 GHz and a Quad-core CPU clocked at 2.3 GHz.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530 or Mali-T880MP12
- RAM: one version has 1.5 GB of RAM and the other with 4 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 was launched with an internal storage of 16 GB, Meanwhile he Galaxy S7 has two versions, one 32GB and the other 64GB. However, it is possible to expand the memory space on both phones with a microSD card up to 256GB.
The Galaxy J7 It has a 13MP main camera with LED flash features, geo-tagging, autofocus, touch focus, panorama, face detection and a 5MP front camera.
On the other hand, the Galaxy S7 It has a 12MP main camera, but with much more advanced software that features autofocus phase detection, OIS, LED flash, geo-tagging, panorama, face detection, and a 5MP front camera.
Both devices have a 3000 mAh battery.
In summary, it is obvious that in a comparison of the Samsung Galaxy J7 vs Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 wins by a lot, although in terms of prices it is also much more expensive than the Galaxy J7.