Instagram technology shows us that it is one of the social networks where millions of users can promote a business or share unique moments of their lives with other people. Despite its benefits, many people want to leave Instagram groups because they dislike being added without permission.
But it is also a means by which it is possible to start a conversation through the Direct section. Likewise, initially messaging worked individually, but today there is the opportunity to make groups.
However, sometimes it is annoying to be part of a group and much more so when no one notices that we have been added to it. That is why, in some cases, you want to avoid being added to a group where there is no prior authorization from us. Therefore, in this article we will tell you what should be done to prevent such action.
Why can anyone add me to Instagram groups?
Initially, when the groups are created, you have the possibility of adding the users you want and thus share a common idea. But in the case of Instagram, this It has a certain limit of members that can be added. Also, this platform does not have an automatic option to prevent people from being added to groups.
That is, any individual can add us to a group conversation without our prior authorization. Which for many of the users is annoying, because most of them do not like to be part of something that You have no idea what it’s about. In addition, on some occasions they are people that we do not even know and that gives us a lot to think about.
What should I do to avoid being added to spam groups on Instagram?
Groupings are usually a good option for sharing a particular idea, but there are others that don’t make sense. Also, when added to a group where they just make rude commentsthis causes the spam to fill up.
However, on Instagram users can create groups and add individuals. they want without your permission. Since, there is no option that prevents doing it and that is why people dislike the platform. It is unfortunate that this action cannot be blocked and thus avoid appearing in some groups.
There is an option that will reduce this possibility even more and although it does not cover the requested request as much, it works very well. It is about activating the alternative that only the people who follow you, add you to groups. In this way, it will be avoided unknown users make you part of a grouping. Although you also have the alternative to leave and delete the group.
Process to deactivate groups on Instagram on my mobile
From the Instagram app you can make different changes for the benefit of an account and that they are for greater security. Likewise, the procedure that must be carried out consists of a few simple steps and these are the following:
- Sign in to the Instagram app on your phone.
- Click on the profile picture in the lower right corner.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines at the top.
- In the drop-down menu that will appear you have to select configuration option.
- Now click on ‘Privacy’.
- There it scrolls until you find ‘Messages’ which you will access.
- Scroll down to the ‘Group Chats’ section.
- Tap on the option ‘Who can add you to groups’.
- Finally, click on the circle that appears next to ‘Only people you follow on Instagram’ and that’s it.
How to change the settings of my groups on Instagram web?
In case you don’t have a mobile phone where you can make the message settings, then do it from a PC. Many times people limit themselves to making changes in their social networks because they do not have a cell phone. But the truth is that these platforms have different methods where you can enter and make any kind of change. Likewise, what will be done to configure Spam is the following:
- Access the browser of your choice and put ‘Instagram’ in the search bar and press ‘Enter’.
- Once the results appear, click on the official ‘Instagram’ page.
- Then enter the user and the password to enter your account.
- Then tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- On the left, in the alternatives menu, look for ‘Privacy and security’.
- Now scroll until you find the ‘Messages’ option.
- Enter in ‘Who can add you to groups’.
- Then tap on the circle that appears next to ‘Only people you follow on Instagram’.
Is it possible to remove the direct messages feature on Instagram?
If all platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and others offered us tools that adapt to our needs, surely everything would be easier. It is natural to share Instagram stories, since the app does not allow them. But from there to removing some things from your platform, surely there are certain limits.
For example, making security changes like set the profile to private or others. However, the option to remove the direct messaging feature from the platform is not available.
It is part of it and it should not be disabled by the user himself, or by the company. Now, if in case you don’t want to use this section, all you have to do is limit who can write. This way, you won’t have to worry about receiving messages from unknown people who don’t follow you back.