Today we are going to explain how you can change the font or text size of your iPhone or iPad phone. This is something that has been implemented for a long time even on Android phones. It is useful for those people who have vision problems. So if you want to know how to do it, continue reading our article.
How do you change the font size on an iPhone or iPad?
If you want to change or modify the font size that is on your iOS device, it is something really simple. However, it should be noted that even if you configure said device so that display much larger text, not all apps you download are going to display the same size.
This will depend on what the application is compatible with the change you made. Although with the rest of the system like contacts calendars, notes if it will be affected. Now we are going to leave you the steps to follow to modify the font size.
To change the font size
- On your iPhone or iPad you must go to the settings.
- Once you are there, you must locate the screen and brightness section.
- After tap on text size.
- To set the font size, just drag the slider.
- Below this option you will see an announcement that says the following: the applications that are compatible with the text size, will also adjust to the one you have applied.
In case you need to increase the font size more
Now, in case you need to increase the font size of your personal phone a little more, follow these steps:
- As in the previous part, you must go to the phone settings.
- Then locate the accessibility section, here click on on screen and then text size.
- Click on larger text to see the options for the fonts you want.
- At the bottom of the screen you will see a bar which if you drag it to the right will increase the size, and if you drag it to the left it will decrease the font size.
- ready now your phone will be configured with the text size you setand if you go to an application that is compatible you will notice that the size of the text has also changed in it.
How to change the text of an iPhone or iPad to bold?
If what you want is to change the text of iPhone or iPad to bold, either why you have vision problems or simply because you want it to look much better, then we will tell you in detail what you should do.
- On your iPad or iPhone go to settings.
- Once there you can see the various options, in this case we are interested in the section that says screen and brightness, you must click on it.
- In this section there is a option that says bold text, all you have to do is activate the small switch next to it.
- A menu will appear to confirm the action, you have to click on continue.
- In a matter of seconds you will notice that all the text on your device will appear in bold.
This bold function will be applied to all the text displayed on the screen, even inside some applications, the virtual keyboard will also be affected, showing bold letters. Although if you send a text it will remain the same, that is, the other person who receives said text will continue to see it in the standard way.
It should be noted that if you regret placing this function, you can change it again since it is reversible, and for this you must follow the same steps that we have just shown you, but this time you only have to deactivate the switch that appears next to the bold text.
As for the websites you visit through the safari browser, will not be affected by the function of bold lettersin case you want to modify the text of the web pages, you have to use the reading mode of the browser itself.
What to do to change the font type on an iPhone or iPad?
If you want to change the type of source of your system interfacewe will have to tell you that at the moment it cannot be modified, the only thing you can do is change its size and place it in bold as we mentioned in the previous part.
However, there is no reason to be discouraged, since you can change the type of letters and use it in those Applications that support it, and for this you can download different font types on the iPad or iPhone. One of the most famous is iFont. Through this application you will be able to search for various sources on the internet and in a very simple way
When installing the fonts you can locate it in the settings of your iPhone as if you were enlarge text size. There are applications that are used every day, such as changing the font size in WhatsApp.
Why after changing the font does the font still look the same on my iPhone or iPad?
If for some reason you have already changed the source of your iPad or iPhone device and the letter still looks the same. Then you can try restarting the device and the error will have been solved, in a more extreme case that it still does not work you will have to update the software of your device.